Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Siggraph 2011

Some of my favorite films in the festival are below.  If the short is available I added the link. If I couldn't find it I added a link to the creator.

The Fantastic Flying Books of Mr. Morris Lessmore 


Created by William Joyce & Brandon Oldenburg   Moonbot Studios
http://morrislessmore.com/

  This was a beautiful short.  Their creation proved to be a full interactive experience.  The site has production/making of videos and images which brings out the inner artist in me. Plus there is a interactive storybook app created for the short. 



Escape of the Gingerbread Man!!  Tod Polson & The Monk Studios
-the trailer   -Tod Polson
The color scripts!  Appropriately titled Color Confections




France had some powerful work at the show.
Death to Death Penalty     Eric Holden, Remi Noel





This is just a very small amount of beautiful work.  I will post more videos every now that inspire me. 

No comments: